Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Me and why I decided to return to College


It's been 20 some years since I have been in an institute of higher learning. Why now? In a nutshell, with the way the job market is today, employers have the pick of applicants, and lets be honest, there are alot of us out there competing for the same job, and with my education and employment history I quite frankly am a threat to their (the interviewers) job security..... yes I'M OVER QUALIFIED to even pour coffee at you local coffee shop..........

I came back to college in hopes of gaining the training I need to procur gainful employment in a field that has more opportunities, than the present field I have been trained, and been working in for the past 20 plus years.

With this new found training and insight, I see myself, in the next 5 years to be working in the Marketing field fulltime, as well as, I would like to reopen my Wedding & Event Planning business, this time with the correct knowledge and tools to effectively operate in today's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment